BoYu Gao has successfully passed the doctoral defense in Dec 2017, and obtained his Ph.D. degree on Feb. 22nd, 2018, from Prof. HyungSeok Kim ‘s Virtual Reality(VR) Lab, Department of Internet & Multimedia Engineering (Current: Dept. of Software), at Konkuk University.
His researches mainly lie on the intersection of Virtual Reality (VR) and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), specifically, focusing on designing multimodal feedback, evoking believable experiences in virtual environments and perceptual-based user interfaces. The goal is to better understand the sensory and perceptual aspects on evoking the believable response for the spatial user interactions and then enhancing spatial user experiences in VR.
- Attended and Presented a full paper in Computer Graphics International (CGI) 2018, June 14, 2018, Bintan, Indonesia.
- The article “Effects of Continuous Auditory Feedback on Trajectory-based Finger Gestures.” IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems (CCF-B, IF: 2.49), accepted on June 09, 2018.
- The article “Amphitheater Layout with Egocentric Distance-based Item Sizing and Landmarks for Browsing in Virtual Reality.” International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction (CCF-B, IF: 1.119), revision submitted on June 01, 2018. (Provisionally Accepted, pending minor revision).
- The “Sensory and Perceptual Consistency for Believable Response in Action Feedback Loop.” was accepted as a full paper in Computer Graphics International (CGI) 2018.
- The doctoral degree ceremony was held on Feb 22nd, 2018.
- I successfully presented our regular paper “Artificial Landmarks to Facilitate Spatial Learning and Recalling for Curved Visual Wall Layout in Virtual Reality” in IEEE BigComp 2018, Shanghai, from Jan 15~17, 2018.
- The doctoral defense was held on Nov 17th, 2017, Ph.D. Dissertation Title: Believability of Spatial User Interactions in Virtual Environments.
- Served as Data Management Co-Chair in ACM CHI (2015 ~ 2017).