BoYu Gao has successfully passed the doctoral examination in Dec 2017, and he will obtain his Ph.D. degree in Feb 2018 from Prof. HyungSeok Kim ‘s VR(Virtual Reality) Lab, under Department of Internet & Multimedia Engineering, Konkuk University.
His research mainly focuses on the concept of believability between VR and HCI (Human-Computer Interaction), specifically, designing user studies to explore the concept of believability for the spatial user interactions, and then enhancing spatial user experiences in VR user interfaces.
- The first doctoral defense was held on Nov, 17, 2017, Ph.D. Dissertation Title: Believability of Spatial User Interactions in Virtual Environments.
- The article “Amphitheater Layout with Egocentric Distance-based Item Sizing and Landmarks for Browsing in Virtual Reality.” International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, submitted on 11.29.2017, Under Review.
- The article “Effects of Continuous Auditory Feedback on Trajectory-based Finger Gestures.” IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, submitted on 06.09. 2017, revision on 11.17.2017.
- The regular paper “Artificial Landmarks to Facilitate Spatial Learning and Recalling for Curved Visual Wall Layout in Virtual Reality”, accepted to appear in IEEE BigComp 2018, Shanghai, Jan, 2018.
- Serving as Data Management Co-Chair in ACM CHI (2015 ~ 2017).
- Attended to Korea HCI conference 2017 (02.08. 2017 ~ 02.10. 2017).